After 15 years of service and numerous customisations, the core system of a leading real estate service provider was outdated, hardly adaptable and difficult to maintain. The core processes of the company’s 900 employees were largely driven by the system. Furthermore, the data was not always available in the desired quality and form.
This situation severely hindered the digital transformation of the company. In order to redesign the core processes and the organisation of the company with regard to digitalisation and increased automation, the core system had to be modernised or replaced.
As project manager, we were able to successfully relaunch a deadlocked project. In doing so, we successfully redefined and determined the strategic goals with the management on c-level and the key stakeholders.
We also evaluated and successfully introduced new strategic partners. Together, we created a concept and set up the implementation according to agile principles and created a broad agreement within the company regarding the goals and the procedure.
As project manager, we:
- Managed the stakeholders.
- Elicited needs at c- and key stakeholder level and formulated a vision and main objectives.
- Evaluated strategic partners and prepared the contracts.
- Performed the analysis based on agile approaches.
- Conducted an as-is analysis of the systems from a technical and business perspective.
- Modelled the enterprise by creating a Business Capability Map and overview of the services.
- Created customer journeys and identified optimisation potential.
- Described and evaluated all possible modernisation approaches.
- Established long- and shortlists of possible target systems.
- Defined a pilot and got the go-ahead and budget from the management.
- Set up the project organisation for the pilot. Created a roadmap, including a resource plan and staffing.
- Enterprise Ressource Planning (ERP)
- Enterprise Asset Management (EAM)
- Finance and Real Estate Accounting
- Property Management
- Construction Project Management
- Lease Agreements
- Supplier Management
- Contract Management
- Agile Methods
Remark: We performed the above-mentioned activities as employee at a former employer.